Senior Software Engineer Backend
Den Haag, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands€4,500 - €6,000 per monthTech
The fun of working at LessonUp
LessonUp is a leading platform and educational SaaS for teachers and students. We offer a range of innovative tools and resources that help educators create engaging and effective learning experiences.
As a developer, you will find some great things at LessonUp. Apart from a mission-driven team that is ready to make a change, you will work on something that is being used on a daily basis by thousands (200K+ users!) of people. Not just in the Netherlands, but on a global level. 50% of our team is focused on product & tech. We also highly value your personal development. Apart from the learning curve you will get from working in our team and amongst other high-quality professionals, we will set up a personal development plan and will offer you time and education, based on your personal learning goals.
But most of all, our team will make you feel welcome and at home. LessonUp style. :)
What you'll be doing:
- Write clean, high-performance code used by thousands of teachers and students, ensuring it works well for everyone.
- Work closely with different cross-functional teams to smoothly add new features and improvements to our software.
- Look for ways to make our solutions work well as more people use them and as technology changes.
- Take responsibility for making sure our team's solutions are really good, from start to finish.
- Try out new tools and technologies to make our software better, and help add new things to what we already use.
- Help newer developers learn and grow by showing them the ropes and sharing what you know.
Technologies and concepts we use:
We're not expecting you to be an expert in all the technologies we use, but we'd love it if you're familiar and comfortable with most of them.
- Kubernetes (GKE)
- OpenAI & LLM
- GitOps with ArgoCD and Terraform
- Google Cloud Platform
A little bit more about you...
Resident in NL
8+ years experience in the field
Experience developing with Typescript
Capable of work independently
Experience with web applications
Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment
You’re a data-driven and pragmatic decision-maker
You’re open-minded, kind, autonomous, and proactive
Practical stuff: Your English is at least on a C1 level.
What we offer you
- A fantastic job at our office in The Hague (NL) where we work in-office if necessary and remote when possible.
- A work week of 32, 36 or 40 hours a week. Whatever you prefer.
- A salary between 4500 - 6000 gross per month.
NS business card or €0,23 per km.
Personal Learning & Development Budget.
Unlimited access to OpenUp to work on your mental health.
Retirement savings with ASR.
Free lunch, drinks & snacks at the office.
Great outings throughout the year like rooftop terrace parties, beach bbq’s, game nights and monthly drinks.
Want to know more about LessonUp and what we have to offer?
Contact us via email (email@example.com).
LessonUp is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.