Corporate (Tech) Recruiter
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, Den HaagPeople
At LessonUp, our daily driver is our mission. We want to help teachers to create the best and most engaging lessons possible, to keep their students involved. Our goals is to help out as many as 1 million teachers worldwide to do this, and to improve education by doing so. For this, we've created our easy to use platform where teachers can make interactive, present-day classes to share with their students. Together, teachers and team LessonUp created thousands of lessons, video’s, images and assignments to work with. And the cool part: this can be used in-class or remote! An easy and fun way to teach - just like it should be.
Why would you become a tech recruiter at LessonUp?
There are a lot of things you can copy, but your people will always be one of kind. At LessonUp we are very focused on building a very talented, ambitious team of craftsman with unique characteristics and ways of thinking. And as a SaaS company, you can imagine that the focus on hiring very smart developers, has a lot of impact on the business. We've managed to set up an amazing team of techies already, which we are sure will impress you. But with our current growth ambitions (doubling the team next year) we need to set-up a tailor made process and think of creative, awesome ways to help them to find their way to our mission driven team and company.
In this role you will be responsible for the international hiring of new LessonUppers. You will be free to experiment to find the right resources to make this happen, organise awesome meet-ups, talks, think of campaigns with impact, and so on. Together with our Head of People Kelly you will think of the best strategy to set-up an ongoing process to hire people remote, relocate them, or hire them from the same city. ;) This will be a challenging, super fun position, with a great impact on the business.
Your responsibilities in bullet points:
- Responsible for the hiring planning and making sure we have the right resources to achieve these goals: being in the lead of external sources like agencies and freelancers + deciding where we need more help;
- Active outbound recruitment and attracting inbound recruitment for both business and tech roles;
- First contact for hiring managers: understanding their needs and translating this into a job description and approach to find the right person. Advising them in the right profile to get the job done.
- Creating ongoing brand awareness: writing vacancies, posting on the job site, giving input for our instagram, thinking of nice content to share on Linkedin about LessonUp.
- Being in the lead of our recruitment processes.
Our ideal new team member
- You have the expertise to talk to tech ánd business candidates in-depth. As a People & Culture team, we want to blow them away with how much effort we've put into understanding their day to day jobs. You love to talk about code, with people that code.
- You have amazing people and communication skills, of course. You can easily adjust yourself to your target group, communicate well with internal stakeholders and now exactly how to trigger potential candidates to talk to you about our job opportunities.
- You are independent and resilient. Because we all know you need that in the world of Recruitment.
- You know exactly how to give candidates a top notch candidate experience. You will be the LessonUp tech ambassadeur from their first confirmation email our reach out, until they go to pay-rolling.
- You think bigger than vacancies and reach outs. Meet-ups, Hackathons, talks... You will build your own tech brand!
- You are a great tech sourcer and you know just where to be to find the right candidates.
- You have experience with working in a fast growing scale-up and continuous hiring.
- You are fluent in English.
What we offer you
+ A work week of 32, 36 or 40 hours a week. Whatever you prefer.
+ A great salary between 3500-4500, depending on your experience level;
+ A flexible combination of working in the office or remote when you choose to;
+ A lot of freedom and responsibility.
+ Good gear to work with - a laptop and other stack of your choice;
+ A testing budget to test and learn your best practices.
+ The future opportunity to buy your own shares in the company.
+ Your own personal development plan: spend a couple of hours a week on your personal growth goals.
+ Retirement savings with Brand New Day
+ Endless learning and development opportunities;
+ When in the office: a great lunch, free drinks & snacks.
+ Drinks and food on the roof terrace, beach season closing parties and game nights.
Want to meet our team? Learn more about our mission?
Please feel free to contact our Head of People Kelly via e-email (email@example.com) Whatsapp (+316 50 60 57 63).
LessonUp is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.